The world’s most advanced, non-invasive skin lifting, tightening & rejuvenation treatment.
Plasma Pen is a completely natural, soft-surgery alternative to fillers and plastic surgery that targets a wide variety of your skin concerns including:
- wrinkles and fine lines
- loss of collagen
- skin tags
Plasma Pen Treatment
Soft surgery with Plasma Pen means no damaging side effects, only a few days of downtime and very little aftercare. During soft surgery the skin is treated with controlled bursts of plasma gas in order to lift and tighten the skin without damaging skin structure or tissue. Plasma Pen soft surgery treatments dramatically reduce the appearance of wrinkles, sagging and fine lines and treat scars and skin tags.
Because Plasma Pen soft surgery procedures are non-invasive there is no need for a general anaesthetic and the procedure is safely carried out by our certified Plasma Pen technician. Soft surgery is ideal for mid facial, lower facial and advanced skincare treatments.
The treatment may be moderately uncomfortable depending on which area of your skin is being treated – for example eyelid procedures where the skin is at its thinnest can prove sensitive. However the Plasma Pen’s super-fine probes allows technicians to work quickly and efficiently minimising any potential discomfort.
To help you achieve optimum results from your plasma pen treatment your technician will discuss your aftercare plan in detail and provide you with printed aftercare information and guidelines:
- You may resume activities immediately after any Plasma Pen treatment but you may not look your best during the healing process (usually 3 to 7 days)
- The formation of brown/black crusts on the skin surface will occur. Do not pick them – these crusts will fall off naturally in a few days.
- Keep your scabs moist by applying aloe vera up to three times per day. This will provide relief from any tendency to itch and speed up the healing process.
- Keep the area clean using lukewarm boiled water and do not use alcohol-based cleansers.
- Take Vitamin C supplements over the course of your healing process to boost your immune system and aid healing.
- We recommend not exercising straight after a treatment because any heat, steam or sweat could cause inflammation or irritation.
Frequently asked questions
- How does the plasma pen work?
The plasma significantly tightens, lifts, resurfaces and regenerates practically any area of the skin. Plasma Pen converts electrical energy into gaseous diatomic molecular nitrogen and transmits that energized gas in a non-contact way to the skin’s surface from above. This causes a micro-trauma to the skin’s epidermal layer (top layers) whilst simultaneously heating and disrupting the deeper dermal structure via thermal conduction. This treatment is also known as fibroblasting. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in the body that produce collagen.
- How long will it take to see results?
You will typically see immediate tightening along with cumulative improvements over the next three months. In some cases it may require more than one session depending on the desired results.
- Is the plasma pen treatment painful?
Plasma Pen is mildly to moderately uncomfortable and everyone’s pain threshold is different. Numbing cream is used to reduce discomfort during treatment.
- What areas of the body can be treated with plasma pen?
Fibroblasting produces excellent results for any area of the body, particularly the face and neck regions.
- Accordion lines – the lines that form outside of the mouth when you smile
- Acne scars
- Crow’s feet
- Jowl / jawline tightening
- Marionette lines – the creases or folds that run vertically from the corners of the mouth down to the chin
- Nasal labial folds / smile lines – the folds that run from the sides of your nose down to the edge of your mouth
- Necklines, turkey neck
- Skin tags – small pieces of skin that appear on the surface of the body, often on the eyelids, neck, underarms, groin and upper chest
- Smoker’s lines – those vertical wrinkles around the mouth
- Upper and lower eyelids – bags and hoods
- What are the risks of the plasma pen treatment?
The Plasma Pen is a relatively safe treatment, particularly when compared to more invasive cosmetic procedures. Risks include:
- Swelling and bruising
- Scabbing and crusting
- Skin discolouration
- How much recovery time do I need after my plasma pen treatment?
You may resume normal activities following treatment, however during the healing process you may not look your best and can expect:
- Redness, swelling and scabbing in the treatment area
- Average of 7 days healing time on the face and neck areas
- Average of 10 to 14 days on the body, depending on the area being treated and the intensity of the treatment
- Swelling from the day after your treatment, peaking around day 3
- After day 3, swelling subsides and scabs form
- Scabs normally begin to fall off around day 6 and 7 (for face and neck)
Please be aware that the days indicated are simply guidelines for average healing time.
Before & After
Get in Touch
Book your plasma pen consultation today!
If you think Plasma Pen treatment may be right for you, we invite you to book a Plasma Pen Consultation. During your consultation we will evaluate your skin, discuss risks and contraindications and answer any questions you have regarding the treatment.
For further information or to discuss treatment options book your consultation online or email: email@example.com